The governor of Texas signed a bill on Thursday banning social media platforms from removing posts because of the political views expressed in them, a measure that is likely to draw significant legal scrutiny after a similar law was blocked by a judge in Florida.
Under the new rules, large platforms like Facebook and Twitter cannot remove, play down or otherwise moderate content because of a user’s political perspective, or ban the user entirely. The companies will also need to publish regular reports showing how often they received complaints about content and how often they took posts down.
- five Best Technologies Trends 2021 That Are Right here To Remain
- Bitcoin Articles, News, Evaluation, And Market place Insights
- Ethereum And The Ether Cryptocurrency, Powering DApps And DeFi
- Contact Us
- A Simple (But Full) Guide
- Security And Account Details For New Investors
- Advertising On the web OKC